Monday, 6 August 2012



The Curator of the Moon and the Sun –Walter WhiteArch Studio 4


Walter White, a man assumed to be in his mid-80, still unclear to me as he only smiles when asked his age. Walter has a very gentle personality;  accompanied by his many wrinkles and small crevas like wounds on his face, with grey hair sticking out of his ear; some even as long as my little finger. Given his age and appearance he holds an astonishingly energetic and peaceful glow about him, resembling a teenager or young adult in their prime. He is approximately 6ft 2; and quite a tanned person with a fairly brittle build; his choice of words in a general conversation gives off his intelligence. There is something astonishingly intriguing about this man who seems to hold vast secrecy with a god like stature whilst being as harmonious as the most innocent child. Walter is my client and it’s the year 2012 and I am Robert Skibicki, an Architect. Walter asked me to build a structure, an inhabitable place, a home that resembles him as a person. I took the challenge of getting to know Walter. We became quite close, and the closer I got, the more astonishing he became.
Walter had never been stationed in one place. He is a very broad person, always answering one question with another.  I never believed in magic, but whilst being around Walter everything seemed to prosper, flowers seemed brighter; buildings almost obtained a living personality, and the moon and the sun were always so the bright when I was in his presence.  I felt I was on a euphoric journey whilst trying to discover who Walter was. Almost a year passed, I couldn’t get enough of hearing the vast knowledge spouting out of his mouth and every fact became more intense with greater detail. Walter doesn’t work; I don’t really understand what he does with his days, or how he supports himself and where he lives. All these questions that I ask just somehow seem to be differed by either a smile or a philosophical answer that doesn’t make any sense, well at least to me. His words of wisdom soon become very confusing to me. His stories seem like they occurred so long ago, perhaps not even on this planet.

                                          (Picture only exam, not exact character)

He grabbed my hand with a smile. Suddenly all these images, thoughts and feelings were running through my head, who he was and what he does. Walter is no human, at least not by our standards. He was “created” since the beginning of time, appointed to be a historian of the sun by someone he does not know or has never seen.. He was created to look after our galaxy by keeping track of the sun and the moon as they hold incredible mystical powers. I was trying to snap out of these intense hallucinations of sudden knowledge relating to everything about humanity and our galaxy.

Walter is a creature disguised as one of us, keeping track of events that occur, almost like a check list on a sheet of paper recording actions and analysing.  He does not age and continues to change form as he sees fits in different locations and occasions. He isn’t superman, but has some type of energy of prosperity, almost like it’s his job to try and teach and heal the planets in this galaxy as well the occupants.

Walter is extremely fond of architecture; he understands it as progression of knowledge, the continuous evolution of humanity. He believes forms that have been built tell stories of experiences or the stages and for one to fully understand one must experience the buildings to their full potential.  To design Walter a habitable form I must design it around who he is.

- Colossal stature of secrecy and knowledge, almost like a guardian
-Protector of secrets
- Power full and kind
-Journey of wisdom 
Collapse this post

No comments:

Post a Comment